As a homeowner being concerned about furnace repair in Long Island, you’re no doubt worried about how much it costs to run your HVAC equipment. If your current heating system uses oil, you may wonder if you can benefit from converting from oil to gas.
Using natural gas can offer you a number of benefits.
- Environmentally friendly: Furnaces that use natural gas are better for the environment because the generate lower carbon emissions.
- More convenient: With natural gas, you won’t need to schedule gas deliveries to your home.
- Reliable: You may worry about oil levels running low in the winter, but that’s not a problem with gas. It’s readily available when you need it.
- Versatile: Natural gas can also be used to run other appliances, like ovens and dryers.
- Increased Property Values: Natural gas usage could be an attractive feature to potential buyers.
A company providing HVAC repair in Long Island can help you make the switch.
The Cost of Conversion
Pricing is the biggest factor homeowners need to consider before hiring a company that offers HVAC repair in Long Island to make a conversion. In general, natural gas is cheaper. After converting, you could save $1,000 or more per year on your energy costs. Natural gas furnaces are more efficient and can heat your home quickly.
However, hiring a company that offers heating repair in Long Island to make the conversion will cost you money upfront. The upfront price can vary widely, costing homeowners between $3,000 and $7,000 on average. This cost will depend on a number of different factors.
Conversion costs might vary depending on whether you already have a gas line installed in your home. If not, you’ll need a company that offers furnace repair in Long Island to put one in. You’ll also need to determine which type of heater of furnace will be suitable for the size of your home. A heating repair Long Island company can help you figure out what kind of equipment you need.
Conversions from a Furnace Repair Long Island Company
In order to make a final decision, you’ll need to enlist the help of a company offering furnace repair to Long Island residents. An HVAC professional will be able to give you a quote for the project, so you have a clear idea of the costs involved. You’ll then be able to calculate if a conversion will give you long-term savings.
Finding the right HVAC repair in Long Island company is important. They’ll be responsible for handling the permits, completing the installation work, and connecting you to the main gas line. A trained professional from a heating repair Long Island company will be able to do all parts of the job safely.